On-line Journal Modelling the New Europe invites authors to contribute papers for its next issue dedicated to Transatlantic windows and mirrors: resistant pasts, unsettled futures.
Following the end of the Cold War, Transatlantic Studies have progressively achieved scientific prestige in the field of humanities and have developed into autonomous research orientations. Our thematic proposal on the topic, entitled Transatlantic windows and mirrors: resistant pasts, unsettled futures, is open to all researchers interested in approaching the complex possibilities of investigation in the transatlantic area. We are looking for innovative, critical and meaningful articles from various perspectives and specializations including, but not limited to, the following suggestions:
• (geo)politics, international relations and aspects of political culture in the transatlantic space(s);
• characteristics, difficulties and plausible solutions to the world financial and economic crisis;
• reinterpretations of cultural facts and phenomena within the context(s) of subtle transformations from modernity, through postmodernity, to globalization;
• continuous and discontinuous evolutions of human relationships and/or communities and societies which compose the geographical space of the transatlantic world;
• the role of religion and religious life, on the both sides of the Atlantic, in shaping and illustrating the “transatlantic spirit”.
It goes without saying that the vast possibilities of approaching the transatlantic world are not reducible to only a minimum (and already classicized) number of topics; that’s why we encourage insightful reexaminations, in-depth interpretations, solid reconstructions and, why not, pushing the barriers of mainstream research in transatlantic studies.
The issue is double-peer reviewed by independent academics related to the line of study of the articles proposed.
- Prof. dr. Marius Jucan
- Assist. prof. dr. Gabriel Gherasim
The Editorial Staff is looking forward to receiving your papers until June 1, 2014.
For information regarding the author guidelines, please access: